Your Engagement Timeline: Part 1
You just got engaged? Awesome! Now what?
The planning process for your big day can be stressful and time consuming. But, lucky for you, we created a timeline that will guide you through the first phase. We'll dive into the details of each checklist item in future posts, but it's good to have a handy list like this for reference. You’ll have to check back later for the last 6 months ;)
- Talk with your fiancé about what type of wedding you would like
- Establish a budget
- Pick a timeframe
- Start a guest list
If this seems overwhelming for you, now is the time to book a wedding planner!
10-12 months before:
- Select your bridal party and invite them to be a part of your wedding!
- Choose your ceremony and reception site based on your budget.
- Make sure you factor in what vendors are allowed to be at your selected venues and that you factor this into your budget.
- Have an engagement party thrown for you!
8-10 months before:
- Book the caterer if you haven’t already.
- Order your wedding cake or start tasting cakes to figure out what combinations you like.
- Make sure the wedding gown is selected and ordered. Allow AT LEAST 6 months for this.
- Book your band or DJ, photographer, videographer, and floral company.
- Reserve any room blocks at suggested hotels for out of town guests. (We have a few preferred hotels we can get you in contact with, just ask!)
- Register at your favorite home goods stores! Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams Sonoma, and Macy’s to name a few…
6-8 months before:
- Send your “save the date” cards
- Order bridesmaid dresses
- Check on availability for additional vendors, such as cake, transportation, and musicians.
- Plan your honeymoon!